The BCAA Action Committee is one of the leading groups under BCAA. Its goal is to lead the Chinese community in Bridgewater and neighboring towns to fight COVID-19. Members of the committee raise awareness about the severity of COVID-19 and promote social distancing.
The committee consists of seven members: Henry Wang, Jean Lee (JJ), Chris Zhang, TianJing, Chad Wang, TianJiao Wang, and Carol Shi.
Specific tasks of the committee include:
- Spread the following information:
- the virus is highly contagious, and over 20% of cases are critical
- critical condition patients may be permanently affected, even after recovery
- there is currently no cure
- once an outbreak occurs, hospitals will be overwhelmed
- data from China and Japan proves that immune patients can be carriers, and they can still transmit the virus
- quarantine and social distancing is the most effective preventive method
- avoid crowded places and stay 6 feet away from others
- people that violate these guidelines, often teenagers, cause the quarantine and isolation to be ineffective, putting themselves and others at risk
- Work with the township and local organizations. The committee will promote social distancing and other scientifically-proven preventive methods through social media and both American and Chinese newspapers.
- Learn about the neighbors who are struggling in these difficult times. The committee will help these people find a solution and encourage members of the community to help one another.
- Organize donations to respond to emergencies and other urgent matters, such as the shortage of masks and protective gear for medical professionals.
Let’s win the fight against COVID-19 together.